Friday, June 26, 2009

Camelot!

My friend Bonnie Bing invited me to sit with her at Music Theatre of Wichita's performance of "Camelot" on Thursday.

I have loved this musical for 25 years, and MTW did a fantastic performance. It starred Laura Griffiths as Guenevere, Edward Watts as Lancelot and Damon Kirsche as King Arthur.

But the real treat came after the show, when Bonnie took me backstage to meet the cast. This was my first backstage visit at MTW. Bonnie is friends with Ed Watts, and he was thrilled to see her and give her a big hug. And yes, he's unbelievably gorgeous.

This is Laura Griffiths, who was running around backstage in this skimpy shift and looking absolutely beautiful.

At left is Damon Kirsche, who was so sweet and chatted with me for awhile about the production.

Justin Robertson, left, played the role of King Pelinore. He's here with Wayne Bryan, who is MTW's producing director and also directed this show.

A parting show of Bonnie and her Lancelot.

1 Comments:

At June 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

I believe Bonnie's comment about her Lancelot was "he melts my butter."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home