Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Food glorious food


Dick and Bonnie invited Dale and I to sit at their table with a bunch of friends for the annual Celebrity Chef Auction tonight.


This is an event where local restaurants set up food stations all around a giant hotel ballroom. They also have drinks, an auction and a chef/celebrity cookoff, which was won this year by the Marriott chef and Brett Harris, a local TV personality.



They had both dark and white chocolate fountains.


Food from Uptown Bistro.


Denise and Jaime in full party mode.


Even Admiral Windwagon Smith attended. I think the other guy is one of the Steven family that owns Spangles restaurants.

This bitch (the puppy, not the woman!) was sold at auction to raise money for the restoration of the Orpheum theater. The person who bought the pup bid slightly more than $1,000 for it.


And this guy was there just to make sure we didn't all get too uppity at our fancy schmancy event.


Dale really did have a good time, even though he may not be showing it here.

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Jaime said...

I'm sitting at the airport on my way to a wedding in Chicago with the green dress I wore to that event. I didn't wash it and I just remembered I spilled gin and tonic on it. DOH!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Lori said...

That is a great dress. Might have to borrow it from you sometime. Have fun in Chicago. Just drink more gin and tonics and you'll never even remember the dress has been partied in before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home