Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pre-turkey day prep

Ewww. Does this look appetizing? Well, hopefully, it will end up as a delicious turkey stock for my Thanksgiving Day gravy. I put the turkey giblets in with onion, carrot and celery, plus a little seasoning, and let it simmer for a couple of hours. It smelled wonderful, but it doesn't look all that great.
I also made the pastry for my apple pie....

And as I was cleaning the kitchen Dale brought up all of these tomatoes from the basement. He put them down there, covered with newspaper, to ripen, and they are now ready to be processed. So, thanks Dale, for more work for me! (Actually, I love to have frozen tomatoes on hand during the winter for chili, soup, etc....)

I also made my stuffing tonight and it is ready to pop into the oven. I'm trying a new recipe but have high hopes for it. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home