Friday, January 8, 2010

Is Christmas over?


I think it is over, officially, after Jan. 6, which is the Epiphany where I grew up (in the Catholic church). The Epiphany is that 12th day of Christmas we all hear about. It marks the wise men bringing gifts to  the Christ child, which is the "epiphany" that reveals Jesus to be the Lord and King. (Correct me if I'm wrong, those of you who are more familiar with this theology.) Anyhoo... the point of this is that Christmas is over, folks! These lights at my neighbor's house were still on today, but hey, my Christmas tree is still up. But it's coming down tomorrow. There will probably be a photo...

3 Comments:

At January 9, 2010 at 7:30 AM , Blogger chitknit said...

My tree is still up, too. We've had all this time off school that I could have used to take it down, but it's so effing cold in our attic. I can't get in there to get the boxes out. Hopefully during next week's heat wave I can do it.

 
At January 9, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Amen.

 
At January 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM , Blogger mengi34 said...

Yes, Christmas is over...but I still have our green and red porch lights up. Will be changing those out this weekend, though, thanks for the reminder:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home