Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rib novice

This was the first time I've ever made ribs, but I'd call it a great success. I highly recommend this recipe: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/maple-roasted-pork-spareribs
I had about 5.5 lbs. of pork spare ribs (the recipe calls for 6 pounds total.) I think the secret to the success of this meal was to add the pan drippings to the remainder of the basting sauce after you've removed the ribs from the oven. Pour in about a half cup of chicken or beef broth. While the ribs are resting, simmer the sauce for 10 minutes or so. Strain it, then skim the fat from the top and serve with the meat and, in our case, mashed potatoes. It was really delicious. Eating ribs is very messy, tho, so unfortunately, this is not a great dish for entertaining.

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2010 at 3:55 AM , Blogger lisa said...

wow, looks inviting...We just bought a slab and we'll try the recipe. I agree with you, as I won't eat ribs with too many people around...very messy. By the way, the squirrel was adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home