Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Drum corps geek


For the uninitiated, it's hard to explain the appeal of drum corps. For me, though, it goes back to hot summers in Great Bend watching the world-champions Great Bend Argonne Rebels practicing every night at the high school football field. My friends and I were groupies, I guess. One of my best friends marched with the corps, and there were plenty of tanned, handsome and usually shirtless boys in the drum line who we loved to ogle.
I'm not really a geek today. I don't buy the DVDs, and I don't follow the progress of the various corps through their season, although I did attend the national championships two years ago in Denver with my sister. And every summer I attend the Drum Corps show at Cessna Stadium. In the photo above, the Troopers are on the field Tuesday night. For me, not a bad way to spend a summer evening 30 years post-high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home