Monday, July 30, 2007

Fran and Diane

Denise and I went to see Fran Kentling and Diane Lewis Monday night at Fran's lovely College Hill home, to have wine and hors d'oueveres. Fran and Diane are two of the hippest and swing-y-est (??) people I know. They are always traveling to exotic places, and they always eat the best food and drink the best wines. We don't see them often enough, but we are resolved to change that.
For those who don't know, Fran and Diane worked at the Eagle for many years before retiring in 2001, but we barely even mentioned the Eagle on Monday night. It was bliss.

Here is a photo of Denise and the girls.
More good news about Fran: her son Christian had twin girls six months ago, Regan and Riley. And Diane has adopted a shelter cat into her home. Named Callie, for the calico that she is.

4 Comments:

At July 31, 2007 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Tess Knadler said...

I love your blog, Lori. You're so connected to your friends, and put such energy into making time for them. (Do you ever just spend a night at home channel surfing with a bag of chips?? I thought not...)

 
At July 31, 2007 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Actually, I'm a terrible homebody. I can't remember if it was Winston Churchill or Mark Twain who said something like "Man is happiest when he is at home." So true for me. But thanks for saying such nice things!

 
At July 31, 2007 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Denise said...

I can't stop thinking about the spready, spready cheddar.

 
At August 1, 2007 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Amy D. said...

I feel cheated. I arrived at The Eagle in Jan. 2002, missing out on the opportunity to meet these legendary ladies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home