Saturday, September 22, 2007

Goodbye summer


Doesn't this tree say it all? Half is still lingering in summer and half has made the transition to fall. Today is the last day of summer, but it doesn't feel possible that fall is just around the corner. Not with sunny skies and temperatures forecast in the upper '80s.
Like everyone else, I'm excited about the crisper days of fall, but autumn also holds the dread of frigid temperatures, ice, snow and everything I hate about the approaching winter. (Socks and coats, too.)
The one bright point: Comfort food! I crave mashed potatoes, now that I haven't had them for six months or so.

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Travis said...

I hate summer. Good riddance!

 
At September 23, 2007 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Lori said...

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments! Must be why I enjoyed the mashed potatoes at Uptown Bistro so much Saturday night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home