Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bella So-So

Dale and I had a rare dinner out tonight. Along with Denise and Nick and Carrie Rengers, we tried out the new Italian restaurant Bella Dona. We had high hopes because the chef is Douglas Pitts, who we regard highly. But we had a few too many disapppointments to recommend this restaurant highly. Nonetheless, we had a good time.
Highlights of the night: My steak pizzoli, Denise's scallops, my white beans with escarole and all of our desserts.
We also talked favorite movies and these were among the titles we mostly agreed on: Pulp Fiction, Casablanca and, in honor of the restaurant we were in, Big Night.

9 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Big Night? How did I miss that discussion?

 
At September 9, 2007 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Lori said...

That was decreed without popular vote by Dale and I. You really should watch it sometime.

 
At September 9, 2007 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Jaime said...

If you still can't hear "Jeepers Creepers", I can blast it really loud from my driveway and you should be able to hear it at your house.

 
At September 9, 2007 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Tess Knadler said...

Allow me to comment on your newly posted list of things you still want to do in your life. You do know Yellowstone is within driving distance, right? That's an easy one. And fall is a nice time to go...

 
At September 9, 2007 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Tess Knadler said...

Oh, and I gotta recommend "Goodfellas" if you've got Italian cuisine on the brain. (Watch how Pauli slices garlic so thin it turns to liquid in the skillet...mmm)

 
At September 9, 2007 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Denise said...

No, I've seen Big Night. What I meant was how did I miss the discussion of that one??

 
At September 11, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Blogger mengi34 said...

I'm up for a drive to Yellowstone!

 
At September 11, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Blogger mengi34 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 12, 2007 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Ashley, we'll wait until your kids are a little older for that road trip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home