Sunday, December 7, 2008

What did I do on my vacation, you ask?


My vacation was actually a staycation, which means I didn't go anywhere, but instead stayed home and did things both fun and not. Let's start with the not....

After two months, I got three handymen over to give estimates on fixing the shower in our main bathroom. The tile simply gave way one afternoon when I was giving the shower a good cleaning. (Guess those strength-training workouts are getting results.) Now we are set to have the tub/shower retiled in a week or so. Cost: $1,800.

I waited for the Sears delivery guys to install our new washing machine. After 20 years, the old one just gave out. Dale vetoed the idea of getting a new dryer at the same time, but I'm still working on him.


Took advantage of Ace Hardware's semiannual knife-sharpening event! Just 50 cents per knife.

Worked out every day at Genesis.


And spent quality time with Barney. Lots of walks, in other words.


Did a bit of shopping, including buying this panini maker half-price at Williams-Sonoma. Tonight I made a turkey/red onion/spinach/roasted red pepper/muenster cheese/lemon mayo panini that Dale declared was the best sandwich he's ever had.


I made dinner several nights, which is something I normally do only once or twice a week when I'm working. You can find this recipe for Sausage, roasted red pepper and spinach torta rustica here http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sausage-Roasted-Red-Pepper-and-Spinach-Torta-Rustica-350774

I got my house decorated for Christmas....

This is the Christmas table runner that my niece Ashley gave to me last Christmas. Thanks, Ash!


I had a winter pedicure.

I watched WALL-E, which I've been wanting to see for a long time. I highly recommend it. Also watched two Christmas movies, Love Actually and White Christmas.


And I baked and decorated Christmas cookies...



....Including with grand-daughter Josie, who was a big help.

Oh, I also spent quality time with Dale, who's supervising while Josie decorates cookies.

I love staycations.

3 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 4:35 AM , Blogger chitknit said...

I love "Love Actually" - it's one of my favorites. I used to have it on DVD, but I think I took it to someone's house to watch and then didn't bring it home.

Boo.

Glad you had a great vacation!

 
At December 10, 2008 at 6:14 AM , Blogger mengi34 said...

What a fun and productive staycation! I'm jealous!

 
At December 12, 2008 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Chris said...

I love staycations, too! Looks like you were very productive.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home