Thursday, August 2, 2007

Crappy summer TV

Sorry for the crude language, but I'm disappointed in two new summer shows I had hoped would be good, based on the actresses starring in them. Has anyone else tuned in "Saving Grace," with Holly Hunter, and "Damages," with Glenn Close. If so, tell me what you think.
I couldn't get into "Saving Grace" cuz it's too reminiscent of shows like "7th Heaven," which have just a little too much faith-based schlock in them. And "Damages" lost me in the first episode when the show actually featured a pet dog being killed. No thanks. The character played by Glenn Close ordered the dog's death, so I can't imagine caring too much about her character now. Which kind of ruins the show for me, since it's pretty much all about her. Now I'm just waiting for fall and the return of "The Office."

5 Comments:

At August 2, 2007 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Tess Knadler said...

Our summer favorite is "Flight of the Conchords" on HBO. It's a gem. Gut-busting funny. Worth catching on On Demand if you have missed it so far.

 
At August 2, 2007 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Lori said...

All I can say is bring on another season of "Scrubs."

 
At August 4, 2007 at 8:12 AM , Blogger chitknit said...

I LOVE Summer because "The Closer" comes back on TNT. That show is like crack to me.

 
At August 4, 2007 at 8:12 AM , Blogger chitknit said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 4, 2007 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Dave Knadler said...

We used to watch "7th Heaven" in the early going because it was one of those shows that was so horrible, it was quite funny. Now it's just very, very bad. Crappy is not too strong a word.

Thank the lord for those "Seinfeld" reruns.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home