Monday, August 6, 2007

Cute, cute, cute

I love my nephew Dylan, even though he can be a MAJOR challenge to my youngest sister, Linda. Both came to visit this weekend. Dylan and I went to see "The Simpsons Movie" while his mom shopped. We almost always have a good time together, except when I start lecturing him about being nicer to his mom. He's a good kid, with tons of potential, so I'm hoping he can find his way through all the roadblocks and misdirection our culture creates for kids today. Gosh, I'm old.

Here's his mother, Linda, who is about 17 pounds lighter than she was about three months ago. I hate her. And adorable mutt, Comet, is in both photos.

3 Comments:

At August 6, 2007 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Sisterly jealousy -- I mean love -- at its finest. You may be shocked to know that I can totally relate.

 
At August 7, 2007 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Tess Knadler said...

Ah, teenage boys. You gotta love 'em, but they don't make it easy. Tell your sister all will be well... Yesterday I had the best conversation on the phone with my 23-year-old son, he's become such a great guy-- and he's NICE to me-- something I could not have imagined a few years back.

 
At August 7, 2007 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Lori said...

TK -- it's good to hear those kinds of comments. I really do worry about Dylan. And my sister is sometimes beside herself with worry. I hope all will turn out well but I am not at all convinced!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home