Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winter ennui

I know I've got the winter doldrums when I spend too much time surfing the net for unbelievable deals on last-minute getaways to Mexico. Between my being sick, and Dale being sick, I haven't had much to blog about, but a friend told me today I better blog about something -- anything -- cuz he was sick to death of looking at my sick self in bed.
So here goes.

I left work early enough to enjoy what was left of the daylight and took Barney for a long walk. He always looks wistfully at the river -- and the waterfowl that are usually on it -- but he never ventures all the way down.

He does plenty of business, however.



Then I made Valentine's Day cookies, despite the promise from our new publisher that we would have VD treats at work tomorrow.


In between it all, I watched an old movie called "Houseboat" starring Cary Grant and Sophia Loren. Come on, it doesn't get much better than that...

Then I tried to psyche myself up for going to the gym tomorrow to do my strength-training routine so that someday I will look like this. Maybe it's time to up the reps a bit....

I'm sure tomorrow will bring something equally exciting to blog about. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

At February 13, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Denise said...

I didn't realize that pic of me was still on the web!!!

 
At February 14, 2008 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Travis said...

no wonder our beautiful river is so polluted.

Also... there had better be some of those cookies left when i get to work.

 
At February 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Maria said...

I'm so glad you've updated your blog and are back among the living!

One question, are you really having "VD" treats at work? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home