Sunday, February 17, 2008

Girls only

You don't see many men at the annual Women's Fair at Century II, and there's a good reason for that. It's pretty much an excuse for shopping and checking out girl stuff like scented candles, handbags, jewelry, makeup and , oh yeah, healthful stuff like bone density tests, fitness regimens and dietary supplements.

My friend Denise and I spent a couple of hours there today and, mainly, we coveted stuff and bought the occasional trinket.


I got one of those new flat wallets that our friend Tina told us about last night at poker. (Denise already had one.)

And I felt I had to have these flip-flops.


In between shopping we watched a really sweet mother-daughter look-alike contest.

Denise really wanted to buy this but she was too embarrassed to admit how much she loved it.

But she did buy these -- a pair of kitchen goggles to protect against tears while chopping onions. I bought a pair too and used them tonight while chopping shallots. It worked beautifully, which makes me very happy, since chopping onions can be a very unpleasant experience. See , the Women's Fair has all sorts of stuff you never knew you needed.

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2008 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Denise said...

LAL mine worked fabulously, too! My nose was stinging, so I know it was a potent onion I was chopping tonight, but I didn't shed a single tear. Worth every penny. Thanks for going to the fair. And for Lexi's cool toy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home