Saturday, February 23, 2008

Working out in style

Four of us from the newsroom have taken on the Genesis fitness challenge to lose weight, get in shape, yada, yada, yada. We get a membership to Genesis for six weeks, so I went for the first time Saturday.
One of the best features about working out there is that each cardio machine has its own cable TV screen (above). You just plug in your earphones and use the little remote control to watch whatever you want. As I was getting ready to go to Genesis -- finding my iPod and earphones, retrieving my lock from my gym bag, putting on workout clothes, etc -- I remarked to Dale that it was a lot of work just to get ready to go work out. That led to this exchange:

Dale: Why do you have to go somewhere when you have a treadmill downstairs.
Me: Because each cardio machine at Genesis has its own TV screen with cable access.
Dale: You have your own TV downstairs in front of your treadmill.
Me: Well, at Genesis, each cardio machine has its own remote control so you can watch whatever your want.
Dale: You have a remote control downstairs so that you can watch whatever you want.
Me: Shut-up!

Anyway, it is a great facility. I went to the branch on 13th street near my house, but it's the only branch that doesn't have the capablity to hook up your iPod video to the TV monitor so that you can watch TV shows or movies you've downloaded onto your iPod. So tomorrow I'm going to the west branch to try out that little feature.
Denise, Bonnie, Carrie -- hope you're psyched to work out, Team Eagle.







3 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Maria said...

You and Dale sound like me and Dan arguing. :)

That is so me!

 
At February 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM , Blogger chitknit said...

I LOVE the cardio theater at Genesis. Of course, I was only ever there while training for the marathon (we could work out there since we were with Team in Training).

BOO stupid apartment fitness center.

Good luck on your challenge!

 
At February 23, 2008 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Please do not burn all your energy before the points start counting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home