Sunday, April 13, 2008

Eatin' at the Eaton

I reviewed the Eaton Steakhouse last night for the Eagle. Overall, the experience was good, and I do love the elegance of the place, including the white-gloved doorman and the person who comes to your table to offer each diner a warm, damp cloth with which to wash your hands!

We dined with friends Deb Miller and Jim McLean, who live in Topeka. Deb is the secretary of transportation and Jim is vice president for public affairs for the Kansas Health Institute. (Go to its site, www.khi.org. it's an excellent place to get health-related news)

The biggest disappointment of the evening was my meal. I ordered the lobster ($49) and think it must have been a baby. There were literally about six bites to it, three of which I gave my dining companions!



Plating also is not a big strength for the Eaton, in my opinion. But this penne rustica with chicken and shrimp tasted divine.

Again, the plating leaves a lot to be desired but Dale's pork chops in an apple-flavored sauce was excellent.

And, of course, we couldn't get through the evening without sharing two bottles of wine. Sort of feeling that today....

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Denise said...

NEVER a good sign when the lobster is smaller than the baked potato.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home