Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Like my friend Jill, who wrote thoughtfully in her blog yesterday about the economic and budgetary woes we Americans face, I also want to tackle a serious subject here: Oscar fashions!

I know I'm two days late, but I got distracted reading our book club book last night ("United States of Arugula") and didn't find the time to blog. So here goes, my favorite gowns and my least favorite, (with apologies to Bonnie Bing for my poor fashion commentary.)

Also like Jill, I give my highest marks to Helen Mirren. People, she's over 60 and she looked stunning, as always. In case you didn't read about it, her sleeves are made of Swarovski crystals.

My second highest vote-getter was French actress Marion Cotillard, wearing what Bonnie calls a mermaid gown. (She won best actress in the only nominated movie I saw in that category. Yeah, she was good.)


Jessica Albo may be preggo, but she looked fabo.


Not an ounce of body fat on Rene Zellweger.


And finally, Hilary Swank wearing black Versace.

Now for my least favorites. I think there were more bad looks this night than good.

Jennifer Hudson: all you see is boobs coming at you.


Cate Blanchett, also pregnant. Just an ugly color for her and hate the bodice.

Ellen Page, proving that she has much to learn about style.

Stripper-turned-screenwriter Diablo Cody probably would have done better showing up nekkid.

Newcomer Amy Adams, getting very bad fashion advice.

And British actress Tilda Swinton. 'Nuff said.

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Helen Mirren was my favorite of the night. And Hilary Swank always looks so perfect.

 
At February 27, 2008 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Rene Zellweger looked cuter when she was a bit curvier. Maybe not quite "Bridget Jones," but her super-thin look now just looks odd.

 
At March 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

I thought Helen Mirren was stunning in that dress. I want to look like that at 60! I wasn't too into the mermaid dress. I thought Jessica Alba looked so cute, and Hillary swank looked awesome as always.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home