Friday, March 21, 2008

Are we having fun yet?

Dale and I had his grandkids Friday night and decided to kill, oh, about 20 minutes decorating Easter eggs. God, was that fun! Actually, it was a lot of work and a huge mess but it makes me appreciate my mom giving her seven kids this same experience when I was a child. I fondly remember dying eggs at Easter, and I'm sure my mom was just shaking her head and rolling her eyes the whole time, just like I was.

Jaden, 7, and his proud collection of eggs.

Josie, 6, very deliberate.


Luke, 5, had a cracked egg but made the most of it. Enlarge the photo and you'll see his darling freckles.

Dale and the brood with some of their creations.

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2008 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Good to see that you got some extra use out of your papers this week!

 
At March 22, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

I was going to dye eggs too but decided it would make a mess. I went the plastic egg route, which just isn't the same.

 
At March 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Maria said...

I couldn't agree more. Hopefully my boys will soon outgrow this annual ritual!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home