Thursday, May 22, 2008

Is it worth it?


Yeah, now I have your attention.
One of my goals on my staycation has been to work out every day.
Check.
But today, I had a session with a personal trainer. When he told me that I had to up my game to get more results, I had to wonder, is it worth it?
I try to do cardio three times a week for about 40 minutes each time, and strength-training twice a week for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Isn't that adequate?
Not according to Robert, the personal trainer who did unspeakable things to my body today. I would like to work out tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll be too sore to even think about it.
Robert says I have to do strength training at least three times a week, for an hour each time. And cardio on top of that.
Aren't these people supposed to be motivational?
And then he started talking diet. When I told him one of my favorite foods is pizza, his eyes bulged out of his head. He eats a lot of seafood -- especially salmon that he has delivered to his home from Alaska.
I have another session with him on Monday. I feel a cold coming on....

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

Cuz everyone can afford to have fish mailed from Alaska!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home