Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sisters


My younger sister Lisa and my mom came to visit during my staycation. We got our drink on starting at about 4:30 Wednesday with my special cosmos. It's become a tradition when these two come to visit.
Lisa is inspirational to me because she has early-onset Parkinson's. She was diagnosed about 10 years ago, but has persevered with grace. With the help of medication, she's able to continue teaching and also to be a fabulous mother of three and grandmother of four.
Hard to believe. And, frankly, she looks better than ever. She's about two inches taller than me but about 20 pounds lighter. And she eats candy everyday. Way to go, sis.

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2008 at 8:27 PM , Blogger mengi34 said...

You silly goose! Thank you for such a nice compliment...(this is Lisa, by the way)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home